Outreach and Engagement Working Group
The outreach and engagement working group is made up of representatives from Royal Society of Biology Member Organisations. The group meet up to six times a year to share ideas and experiences and to discuss best practice, possible collaborations and hot topics in outreach and engagement. It is one of a number of groups set up in 2011 following the publication of the Science Communication Project Report.
The outreach and engagement working group work together at a number of festivals to ensure the biosciences are well represented at public events. The group also functions as the Biological Sciences Section for the British Science Festival.
Organisations currently involved with this group include:
- Anatomical Society
- Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry
- Biochemical Society
- British Ecological Society
- British Neuroscience Association
- British Pharmacological Society
- British Society for Immunology
- Genetics Society
- Microbiology Society
- Society for Applied Microbiology
- Society for Experimental Biology
- The Field Studies Council
- The Linnean Society of London
- The Physiological Society
If you are part of a Member Organisation of the Royal Society of Biology and are interested in being involved in this group please contact Amanda Hardy.