Full Organisational Membership
Full organisational members are typically biology-led, and have individual members themselves.
The Royal Society of Biology acts on behalf of all Full and Supporting Member Organisations, and they are invited to become directly involved in our work wherever possible.
Member Organisations have the opportunity to help formulate the UK's position with respect to the biological sciences. We create policy task forces, which meet to discuss and formulate responses to Government and other consultations. Member Organisations are invited to take part in these meetings, and contribute to the response, which is submitted on behalf of all Society members.
We work with Member Organisations to gain maximum return, jointly and individually, for collaborative input to various outreach projects. By acting as the central facilitator in a number of bioscience education, careers and outreach projects for a range of audiences, we aim to enhance and develop coordination and communication with and between Society Member Organisations and their stakeholders.
- Individual members of the Society's Full Member Organisations can take advantage of a 50% reduced rate on Royal Society of Biology membership for the first two years, enabling them to take advantage of a range of additional benefits, including our Continuing Professional Development programme and our professional awards
- We run a variety of courses and workshops - these are offered at a discounted rate of up to 50% for staff and members of our Full Member Organisations
- We offer free course approval for CPD purposes
- Wider representation through the Society's membership of other organisations and coalitions
- Members e-bulletin – monthly email containing updates on Society activities and other news of interest
- Full Member Organisations are invited to attend and are eligible to vote at AGMs
- Opportunity to publicise events on our website
- Job advertising discount on our Job Board
Full organisational membership subscriptions are calculated based on the annual income of the organisation (below). Where individual circumstances make it likely that organisations will be unable to pay these fees, we are always willing to discuss some discount over the short to medium term.
Additional promotional and policy engagement opportunities are available to new and existing Member Organisations that elect to support the Society at a membership fee of 1% or more of their annual income, where the fee would exceed £10,000 a year.
|Annual income||Typical fee|
|Up to £49,999||£310|
|£50,000 - £249,999||£670|
|£250,000 - £499,999||£1,355|
|£500,000 - £749,999||£1,650|
|£750,000 - £999,999||£2,060|
|£1,000,000 - £1,999,999||£4,120|
|£2,000,000 - £3,999,999||£5,150|
|£4,000,000 - £5,999,999||£7,730|
Please contact Mark Leach to discuss organisational membership fees.
The Royal Society of Biology is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in the life sciences, and supports diversity throughout the pipeline; at school and higher education, in the workplace and training.
Full Organisational Members