Bioscience Careers Day
Our annual Bioscience Careers Day (BCD) shows bioscience students the wide variety of careers open to them
Last year's event took place on Saturday 26th October 2019 at Middlesex University and, building on the success of previous careers events, our Bioscience Careers Day 2019 welcomed students from across the UK.
This annual event is coordinated by the Royal Society of Biology's Careers Committee.
What happens at the careers day?
- Talks from experts in the field about the variety of careers available to bioscience graduates
- Practice interviews to sharpen your technique for future employers
- Speed networking with the expert speakers
- An exhibition with representatives from learned societies and top organisations
- Networking with bioscience professionals and other students from across the UK
- Q&A discussions on career opportunities in plant science, and alternative careers available with a bioscience degree
Who can attend?
BCD is aimed at undergraduate and Master's students. PhD students, postdocs, careers advisors and school students considering a bioscience degree are also very welcome. Employers looking to meet talented students focussed on their future careers and wanting to find out about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities at future events, should contact Harriet McAra at email@example.com
At BCD 2019, students were given the opportunity to sign up to RSB student affiliate (undergraduate) or associate (Master's) membership when registering to attend BCD. With this exclusive event offer, new student members gained a years' membership and free attendance at our popular Bioscience Careers Day.
If you have any questions about past or future BCD events, contact Harriet McAra at firstname.lastname@example.org
BCD is the perfect opportunity for sponsors and exhibitors to engage with talented bioscience students from across the UK. It will provide you with a unique opportunity to:
- Connect with over 400 life science undergraduates from universities across England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- Reach over 5,000 undergraduates through online exposure
- Build brand recognition within the life sciences community
- Demonstrate your support for the next generation of UK scientists
We would like to take the opportunity to say thank you to the many exhibitors and sponsors who have made previous events possible:
Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry, Agenda Resource Management, AstraZeneca, BBSRC, Biochemical Society, British Ecological Society, British Pharmacological Society, British Society for Immunology, British Society of Soil Science, British Toxicology Society, Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management, CK Science, Cogent, Cranfield University, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Global Nomadic, Innovia Technology, Institute of Animal Technology, Matchtech, Microbiology Society, Middlesex University London, National School of Healthcare Science, Naturejobs, Nature Publishing Group, Newcastle University, NI Water, Norbrook, Orangutan Tropical Peatland Project, Randox, Royal Entomological Society, Royal Veterinary College, Science Careers, Society for Endocrinology, Society for Experimental Biology, Syngenta, Teesside University, Teach First, The Open University, The Physiological Society, Unilever, University of Leeds, University of Surrey, University of the West of England, University of Ulster and University of Warwick.